I tweaked the ears to show that the inside edges have curves and are not plastered against her head, and I also gave a better suggestion of where the ear creases from the top: it’s a sweep that begins closer to the head than the midline of the top of the ear. Just little things, but it’s lots of little things that make up effective observation. That’s why I didn’t stop there, but tweaked again.
Then I realized that I’d made her ears too symmetrical. When one looks distinctly lobed at the bottom, the other tends to look more rounded, without that ‘pinch’. So I swiped at the chalk again and dated this one the 9th, though in fact it’s still the 8th.
And NOW, I’m DONE! Time to move on.